Sometimes the simplest tips are the best (and the easiest to implement). The first in a two part series, today's post offers some super simple health tips you can use straight away, and a couple of inspiring quotes. Feel free to pin them to your Pinterest boards or copy them, print them out and pin (the old fashioned way) somewhere you can see them!
Simple Ways To Be Healthier
- Most people are dehydrated (especially in winter in areas where you have to heat your home) so do drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- If you hate the taste of water, add a slice of lemon or lime. Stick with trying to drink 1 glass a day for 22 days (it takes 21 days to form a new habit).
- Feel a headache coming on? Try drinking a couple of glasses of water first before reaching for the painkillers.
- Inhaling and drinking a cup of black coffee can help stop mild asthma attacks before they get worse.
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty. Otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” ~ Buddha
- If you’ve never had surgery, try to avoid cosmetic procedures until you know if your body reacts abnormally to scarring.
- If your child is putting on unnecessary weight, look to your own cooking and eating habits. Are you eating the wrong things for all the wrong reasons? Lead by example.
- If your child needs to control their weight, start exercising with him – but call it “play” – not “exercise”. Exercise kids love include skipping, hula hooping and skating.
- Never put a child on a diet. Instead, focus on slowing weight gain until she grows into the weight she is now.
- “The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.” ~ Deepak Chopra
- To get your child interested in healthier foods, ask her to help you prepare and cook them. Try this Kids' Fun and Healthy Cook Book.
- Step away from the computer. Go do some stretches. Or some yoga. Do it NOW!
- Instead of that second cup of coffee, have a glass of water, a natural juice or a smoothie.
- Human beings are like car batteries: we start short-circuiting and run out of steam if we don’t keep topped up with healthy snacks and water.
- To cut down on weight gain from alcohol, try white wine spritzers made with soda water or carbonated mineral water.
- Did you know that the higher the alcohol content, the higher the calories, when it comes to wine?
- Red wines slow your metabolism down more than white wines due to a higher alcohol count.
- People who are too rooted in habit are using the same worn neural pathways. Exercise your brain by doing new things. And learn to banish self-sabotaging habits. Can't face big changes? Try 52 Small Changes: One year to a happier, healthier you.
- If you seem to have low immunity, get your folic acid checked and take it as a supplement.
- If you avoid carbs for at least an hour after exercise, your body is forced to burn fat.
- Fed up of green salads on a huge bed of boring lettuce? Consider salad veggies on a bed of couscous or quinoa.
Getting healthy is an ongoing process. Commit to it, one small action at a time.